Monday, July 28, 2008

Long time, no post.

I have been cooking, nothing so inspiring to make me pick up my camera, though. There were several weeks of asparagus and young broccoli, yum yum yum, but summer's bounty has arrived a little late here. Berries and cherries are finally here, sugar snap peas and corn and all kinds of wonderful lettuce and onions too and fresh garlic. And tomatoes, at last! So this weekend expect some market drive-by photos. My camera has been a little fritzy lately but we'll see what we can do. This weekend I made a blueberry pie with almond streusel topping which did in fact look beautiful enough for a photo, so if the opportunity comes for a repeat performance I'll be sure to document. I also made spare ribs for the first time, with a spicy cherry glaze -- delicious. I have a rack of ribs in the freezer so those will be coming up here sooner or later.

Again, though, if only I had a reason to cook magnificent feasts all the time! People who read this blog, come visit and quick!

No comments: